“Streaming Live and Harlem Renaissance” Please respond to one (1) of the following,using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Write for one (1) minute using the stream of consciousness writing method (Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread). Then, first explain what stream of consciousness method is (provide references). Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Of the samples of the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters, determine which you prefer and explain the reasons why. Use a concrete example from the textbook, summarize it in your own words, and tell us concretely about your impression after reading it.
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want, and explain the reasons why. Tell us a bit about this person: when and where did she or he live, what is she/he famous for, etc. Provide one (1) example that illustrates the reason why you selected the person that you did.
- Chapter 35 (pp. 1163-1166); Chapter 36 (p. 1189), stream of consciousness – background and samples
- Method and exploration of stream-of-consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream-of-conscousness-writing/
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream-of-consciousness/ andhttp://literarydevices.net/stream-of-consciousness/
- Chapter 36 (pp. 1172-1180); review the Week 8 “Music Folder”
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem-renaissance