My Diversity Wheel” (ATTACHED)
2. Identity self-reflection
My Diversity Wheel
On the first page of the template, complete the Diversity Wheel (ATTACHED). Your completed “My Diversity Wheel” should list important demographics or affiliations that comprise your self-concept, categorized as either primary or secondary dimensions. As one example, rather than listing gender, be sure to list your specific gender.)
On the second page of the template, write an identity self-reflection essay of a minimum of 600 words. Cite at least two sources from an Online Library (e-books or journal articles) to support the ideas you presented, as you reflected on your own experience. Also, be sure to cite the textbook if you reference the ideas presented there. Use APA style to cite your sources. Additionally, be aware of Waldorf’s Academic Integrity Policy as you prepare your work for this course.
Address the following in your essay:
1. Discuss your identity or self-concept. Evaluate how each of the primary dimensions you listed in “My Diversity Wheel” contributes to your overall self-concept. As you completed the “My Diversity Wheel” exercise, what did you learn about your self-concept?
2. How does your self-concept influence your experiences in team and organization settings? Specifically, how does your self-concept shape the way you relate with others? How does your identity influence the way others relate with you? Give specific examples, incorporating your primary and/or secondary dimensions of diversity into your discussion.
3. Describe a group within your organization or your community (either face-to-face or virtual) which you are closely affiliated. Using the Diversity Wheel, discuss the primary or secondary dimensions that this group has in common. For which dimensions are people within the group different or diverse? What draws you to affiliate with this group?
4. Why is evaluating your own self-concept important for understanding diversity and inclusion?
Cañas, K. A., & Sondak, H. (2014). Opportunities and challenges of workplace diversity: Theory, cases and exercises. (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson
- CLICK HERE AND ORDER NOW……………………….